Sunday, January 25, 2009

new semester

So classes started for me this past Wednesday, so that should mean everyone's back in class. It was really weird actually moving back onto campus. A part of me definitely doesn't want to be back at WM and to reality. Though this semester should be pretty good - there's only one class that's going to totally suck (history of anthropological theory). I'm also taking intro to archaeology, roman art and archaeology, food and drink in the ancient world, and whitewater canoeing! I'm reporting for the campus newspaper (can't remember if I mentioned that), and my first article comes out Tuesday. If it's online too I'll link to it. But today I got this huge pang at lunch, and realized how much I not only miss you guys, but how much I miss Dunedin and New Zealand in general. There's been no clubbing, no bars, no Botans, no museums, no George Street shops, no delicious lunches out, no cooking for myself even, while I've been here. I was going to the library today and I was thinking how I really wished they had celebrity squares like Otago. At lunch today I noticed the huge amount of awkward-looking people (you know, people who look socially awkward just by the way they walk around or stand in line) and I thought, this is not Dunedin! I was cold last night because the heat was off and I almost threw on another layer of clothing instead of clicking on the heater. There are just so many little things that I am surprised that I miss, but I do. That's how I know I really loved Dunedin... and the thing is, even if I make it back one day, it won't be in the same circumstances, and so it will not be the same.

In other news, the new season of Flight of the Conchords has kicked off. I haven't gotten around to watching it but you can online, here.

Finally, I think I am going to graduate one semester early, so after next fall. It looks like I can, so I might as well.

Good luck with classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment